Friday, January 9, 2015

There's No Place like Home for the Holidays


Why is it that the cliche is always true?

Leaving London was perhaps one of the hardest and most heartbreaking things I have done. But the saying 'there's no place like home for the holidays' hit home (pun definitely intended) this year. 
Oh, and don't even get me started on Michael Bubble's 'I'll be Home for Christmas' song. It might have almost turned on my waterworks on an occasion or two. 

The holiday season is about our Savior's miraculous birth and beautiful life and the only place I would want to be this time of year is with the people He made it possible for me to spend forever with. 

Kicked off the month with a trip the the MoTab's stellar Christmas concert feat. the Muppets


#sharetheGift

These are my favorite fools to hang with and Temple Square is my favorite place to hang. Put the two together and you have my favorite night of the year!
(I don't think I brought enough chocolate home with me.) 
Just DD giving Minnie some love in her Santa costume.


The Christmas Miracle occurred about midnight Christmas Eve when the snow started to fall after many hours of waiting and hoping. We had a white Christmas after all! It was perfect.

Stay up until 2:30 am playing Settler's and Mario Kart? 
Count me in. Every. Time.
(p.s. yes; I won settler's. destroyed, actually.)

sometimes we are dysfunctional at the photo taking game.
But those are the ones I love the most.


I spent my free time doing two of my favorite things this holiday:
baking and reading.
It was glorious.
A hundred cinnamon rolls done one day,
a thousand pages turned the next.
That sounds like a perfect holiday to me!

Have I ever mentioned my Anthropologie addiction before? No?
Oh. Well, I am fairly certain that me and the Home Decor/Kitchenware section of that store are kindred spirits. The issue in our relationship occurs when I remember that I am poor college student.. BUT. CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT PIE DISH AND ROLLING PIN??
I have been in love with them for some time now and when I stopped in the day after Christmas I got them on a screaming deal. We are talking $30 for the set. 
*cue jaw dropping*
I know, right?
(to give you a relative idea, the pie dish alone is normally $36).
Way too excited to get my own kitchen and beautiful dishes sometimes <3

When I wasn't reading or baking, we were all playing games. One night Charlie just could not take it anymore. He wanted that popcorn so bad, his face was hilarious. He kept creeping closer and closer and when I didn't stop him he would get a little closer until he finally just laid down and stretched is tongue out to eat it. That dog. 
(To be fair, I did strategically place that popcorn in a temptation zone for him..)

We also finally broke out my Harry Potter Monopoly. It is so cute! I love it. 
After a crazy turn of events me and my mom ended up owning the whole board and all the money.
So yeah; it was a good game. 
Definitely a Christmas Holiday to remember spent with the people I love most celebrating the best things in life; our Savior, this lovely world, loads of laughs, and each other's company. 

I hope your season was merry and bright! Mine most certainly was.

Love Always, Aimee


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a magical Christmas break! I would love the cinnamon recipe you use. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete