Monday, September 29, 2014

For the Beauty of the Earth; (Kensington Gardens Walk)

(In case you didn't catch this, I keep this blog for three purposes: it's a good way to journal and include pictures all in one, for my family while I am gone, and for a class here called London Walks. We go on different mapped out walks around the city and then blog about it. Anyways, now that you understand that time to move on..)

After dinner one night me and my good mate Ellen decided to take a nice stroll through Kensington Gardens. I would definitely say it was a good life decision. The sun setting, squirrels and birds out and a bout, and perfect temperature all cumulated to create an almost surreal atmosphere. It was weird to be in the sanctuary of the park and think that a 100 yards away was the busy streets of London's night life. All I felt was calm. It reminded me of the hymn "For the Beauty of the Earth" which reads:
For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.



Is this not beautiful?
It was so nice to walk about and remember what a beautiful world our Father in Heaven has given us. I have noticed here that although London is a big city, the people in it really appreciate natural beauty. There are parks everywhere for people to just go and enjoy. They don't have giant plastic playgrounds like all the parks back home; they are just grass and flowers and trees and birds and ponds and paths. They are just there to enjoy for the sake of being naturally beautiful. AND PEOPLE USE THEM. They aren't vacant or only in use for those awkward teenage couples where if one person is there then you have to leave. No, that would be ridiculous here. These parks are used for picnicking, running, cycling, walking dogs or pushing strollers. They're used to just sit and read on a bench, or even to take a after dinner sunset walk. Whatever you want is game. 
You're probably thinking I am weird right about now because parks are not a novel idea and obviously can be used for those activities wherever you are.
But I am telling you, they are different here. They are used and they are loved as they should be.


 

Look at all these people out taking a stroll in the park! Brilliant, I tell you. Brilliant.
Kensington Palace. aka the residence of my future husband, Prince Harry...
Flower Walk where I met lots of squirrel friends who were oddly not afraid of me.
Italian water fountains/garden. I love finding pieces of Italy in England; it's basically combining my two obsessions for me.
God's love is all around us and evidence of His supreme power and brilliance is most easily seen in this beautiful world He has created for our enjoyment. What better way to show appreciation for his creations than to actually make use of them?

"To live [in London is] an awfully big adventure;"
me and my good pal Peter Pan.
Love Always, Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment