Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Home, Sweet Home

That's right, I am HOME!

I am not going to lie though, it feels a little odd. It's as if I am just visiting for a long weekend and tomorrow I go back to Provo and school. I keep catching myself straining to remember homework and reading assignments and test dates... Haha. I'm almost used to it though; no complaints here!

I will say this: my stuff most definitely reproduced at college. You see, I was under the impression that I had basically taken everything I owned to college. Yet when I brought all that home and took it down to my bedroom there was no room  for it anywhere. No closet space, nothing under the bed, every drawer was full.. And I was left to wonder WHERE DID THIS ALL COME FROM??!

Honestly not an inch of floor space. 
Let's just say it took a solid week to clear out my closet and drawers and under my bed, organize, reevaluate life, and take a car load of stuff to the DI so that my room looked decent. I am going to try and keep the reproducing to a minimum while in London though, this is definitely not something I want to do again and especially not over Christmas break. Thanks but no thanks.

Since being home I have swam every day, cleaned a lot for my mom and grandma, worked on my cooking skills, gone on many adventures with friends, had some splendid family barbecues, and went on trek with my brother for 24 hours. My mom, younger brother, and younger sister were all going and Dad was out of town so we figured why not, right?
Well.
It poured. And poured. And poured. And we were in charge of helping with the water game! hahaha. The kids loved us. ... not. But it was still so much fun and the rain is just part of the experience and adventure of it.
Me and Jake waiting out the rain storm to eat dinner.
The fourth was such a good day too. It has always been one of my favorite holidays but I was bracing myself for a subpar day with all my friends gone. Glad to report I was wrong and the day was probably my favorite 4th of July so far. I spent the day with two of my closets friends and my family. We went to the parade and carnival before having a BBQ and swim followed by frisbee in the park, swinging and talking, playing basketball and looking at old yearbooks, watched fireworks (of course) and topped off the night by watching the second Harry Potter on my front porch for the heck of it. Because let's be honest, Harry Potter is always a good idea.




Oh. We also became friends with a cat, so the day was a success regardless of the partying.




This Friday me and my friends are going to one of my favorite places in the world: Lake Bloomington. It's about a half hour past Bear Lake and it is absolutely gorgeous. It has clear water that's not too cold, excellent cliff jumping, and a sick rope swing. And the best part is that hardly anyone knows about it so you have the place to yourself!
Here's a picture from last time when me and 11 of my closest friends went up for the day. Easily my favorite day of the summer last year. Easily.


Well. That's all for now! Gotta go clean and finish some curtains I've been making. (Domestic, right? #wifestatus #wherearealltheboys? #ohyeah #onmissions #whatislife )

Love Always, Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment