Friday, April 11, 2014

2+2+2+2

With only two days called the weekend, two days of classes, two days of studying, and then two days of testing left in this semester I have realized something that you would think would be obvious.
Time never slows and it definitely never stops.

I swear I was just having Christmas break and telling my friends on missions about the new classes I was taking. And then it was midterms and I was like "Holy cow! I can't believe we're halfway done!!" and now finals are at the door and I am having a panic attack.

How is it possible that it's basically been a year since I graduated? I remember it so clearly. Every detail. How is it possible that I haven't seen my very best friend in a month and she leaves on her mission in about twenty days? How is it possible that I turn NINETEEN in 10 days?? Saayy what? I still don't think I am old enough to be considered an adult.
Time at college is on hyperdrive, I swear. Every day is full of things that have to get done; classes, papers, studying, quizzes, tests, gym, cooking, cleaning, partying, sleeping, church activities and callings. I feel like I have changed so much in the last year that maybe my friends won't even recognize me anymore. But at the same time it feels like it's been no time at all since I've seen them when in reality it's been nine months for some.

I think the craziest thing is considering that I have missed a whole school year for my little brother and sister. Grade school years are an eternity long, I swear. They have probably changed and grown so much and I have hardly been there to see it. And next year I will be even more absent. Heck, for the first four months I will be living across the ocean and when I come back I will be busy applying to nursing school.

I suppose the real reason I am having a panic attack is because I really am growing up and moving out. Sure, I've lived away from home for nine months. But it's about to get even more distinct. It's going to get more real. I will be home for the month of July this summer and half of August. That's it. I am determined to enjoy every day of it because it just might be the last time I ever live there again.
And let's be real, we all know there is no place like home.

It other news, shout out to my favorite girls Sariah and Morgan for getting their mission calls!! Argentina and California; both Spanish speaking. They will be amazing and I just adore them. That's all.




Also the Happiest of Birthdays to my favorite brothers!! 14 and 21 never looked so good.





Love Always, Aimee

P.S. 53 days until Elder Erickson's return! Woot woot. 147 days until my trip to London. Here we go.

2 comments:

  1. So...I just discovered this thing called your blog. I LOVE IT. And you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So... I just discovered this thing called your comment. And I laughed. Thanks babe. And I love you. Haha. That's all.

      Delete